Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

My Cannondale Flash 29'er 1 takes on Michaux



After braving Michaux (its raw out there!  see my previous post) on my Cannondale Flash 29'er 1, its time to chat about it.

I don't hide that I like to trail poach on my cx bike with some rugged 35mm tires.  But if I want to do some real trail riding on the Baltimore County side of Potapsco or in the glorious mountains of Michaux, its time for the Cannondale mountain bike.  It has been fantastic for me over the last 2 seasons.

Lefty fork = awesome
Avid Elixir brakes = awesome
Sram drivetrain = awesome
I upgraded the tires to something beefier.  Bontrager 29-3 Experts.  They have been great.
I also upgraded the wheels to the Stans No Tubes, 340 Arch 29er.  They are sweet!  I recommend getting a Stan's injector for no-mess tubeless action.
I use Crank Brother Candy 3 pedals because I prefer Crank Bros. pedals for cyclocross.  The Candy version seems better for mountain biking.

I bought the bike at Bike Doctor Linthicum.  They are and AFC sponsor.

1 comment: