Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Westside Worlds, Happy 4th of July!

Unofficial WsW A group leader board
Unofficial WsW B group leader board
Strava Data

This was a hot one folks.  And the start time was different than normal so we had a small group.  But there was plenty of fun to be had :)  Pat was pressing the pace early.  No doubt this is gonna be a suffer fest.  I took some pulls but was playing things conservative after a string of subpar Westside Worlds.  Bruce Cole was also looking strong.  Into Race Rd. we had a solid rotation.  As we approached the end Pat took to the long sprint.  You gotta love this guy's desire to hurt and throw caution to the wind.  I ended up going by him at the end but there was no doubt who the strongest sprinter was.  The heat makes recovery tough so what would happen as the miles pass?  Lawyers was mild.  Bruce, Pat, and I continued to rotate well through Montgomery and Landing.  Landing hurt pretty well.  Towards the end, Al from Kelley's joined the group.  Into Ilchester it became immediately obvious that Pat and Al were battling for first.  Bruce and I pressed together.  We crested to the flat together but I was able to put some sunlight between us and I ended up third (second in the points).  Sug had found us midway through Ilchester and now we were 5 strong.  Pat ended winning the killer duel but he had to bleed for the win against a fresh Al.  College was a suffer fest.  The heat was making the recovery from Ilchester daunting.  For the most part we were together.  Sug pressed New Cut and thankfully Pat let him go.  He was crushing our crushed souls :)  By Bonnie, the fresher Sug went up ahead.  Pat, Bruce, Al, and I traded pulls again.  Pat and Al payed a bit for their killer effort on Ilchester.  I go hard on that thing, but especially Pat can just go to another world of pain.  I took Bonnie among our group in a longish sprint.  Now the heat is getting to us!  Sug met back up with us at the top of Bonnie.  He pulled through Ilchester.  Once again Pat, Bruce and I had to let the mega-watts booty train go.  We limped to Westchester together.  Pat has a race this coming weekend (see his blog linked to in my blog) so he didn't want to crush Westchester.  I still felt decent so I went after Sug and Al who had a sizeable lead.  I was happy to catch Al just past the one lane bridge and was really happy to be able to dig all the way to the end.  Super fun WsW!

No comments:

Post a Comment